Friday, July 25, 2008

I had my garage sale today (and it continues into tomorrow) and it was a lot more emotional than I thought. I had to take a moment to compose myself before I faced the swarm of people saying 'how much do you want for this.' I know that it's just stuff, it's replaceable. But it was still hard.

I think I am realizing that it's coming. I'm leaving in 20 days, which seems a lot more real than 2 months. I am still very excited and ready for August 17 to come, don't get me wrong...this is just harder than I thought. And I am so very grateful for sweet Spoede's who don't let me be sad alone. And for my sweet sister who makes time to talk and listen to me.


'long you must suffer, knowing not what,
until suddenly out of spitefully chewed fruit
your suffering's taste comes forth in you.
then you will love almost instantly what's tasted. no one
will ever talk you out of it.'
-rilke

No comments: