Thursday, July 31, 2008

impeccable timing.

I went to Dallas/Stephenville/Proctor this weekend for one last grandparent trip. So, I got to see lots of friends and drove lots of miles.

But what I really want to tell you about is my accident. 

No, I did not pee my pants. I had a car accident.

'How did it happen?' you ask. Please let me tell you.

I was on my way to Stephenville to see my beautiful friend Michelle Ellis, who is due to give birth in 2 weeks. CRAZY. Anyway, so I am driving on a dirt road in order to get to said friend. I was driving up a hill, and when I got at the top of the hill, I see a truck flipped over, and a green car RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. I'm not gonna lie, I said some not nice words. But the situation was quite deserving of those words. I tried to swerve around them, and I just couldn't stop, so my passenger side hit the back of the green car. 

So, I pulled out of the way and found out that the green car had stopped to help the flipped truck. I thought it was a little fishy that she kept telling me that I could leave, and everything was okay. I mean, I've never been in an accident, but I was pretty sure that you're not supposed to leave the scene of a crime. Hit and run, yes? Yes. So, I waited and did what any grown up would do in the same situation. 

I called my mommy. Got some reassurance, and waited for the police to come. 

When green car girl heard the police were coming, SHE said some not nice words, and informed me that her license is currently suspended. Oops. Then, her boyfriend shows up. When he discovers that the police are on their way, he freaks out and says he needs to leave because he has a warrant out for his arrest. Wow. I was shocked. 

I ended up not getting a ticket, which was good, because I really couldn't have avoided the situation. But, my poor AC Slater, who has been such a good car to me, will have to have a little plastic surgery.


My passenger side doors won't open. Awesome. What really stinks is that we are t minus 17 days from Jill leaving the country. Insurance is not that quick about these things, I am figuring out, so it looks like I am leaving a headache for my dad (read Jacey) to handle. 

But the good part of this crappy situation is that I am okay physically. It could have been a lot worse (let's remember that a pickup truck flipped). My back is a little sore, but I press on. 

In other news, Jacey and I are going to Corpus Christi this weekend! Yay for days filled with books, sun, beach, and perhaps a few adult beverages. And, no I don't mean diet coke.

'just keep going, no feeling is final.' - rilke

No comments: