Monday, August 25, 2008

change of plans!

okay. so i have some news that might be shocking or surprising or whatever, but here it is...

(no, im not getting married nor am i pregnant).

im coming home tomorrow. back to houston.

the people of kazakhstan are beautiful and gracious and giving. i have no complaints with them. peace corps has also been amazing and supportive, both with my decision to leave, and with everything else. i have no complaints with them.

i just cant be this far away from my family, from my support network. i decided after 2 nights of not sleeping and isolating myself to my room that this might not be the best environment for me. as they keep telling me, peace corps is not for everyone.

this decision took a lot of soul searching, a lot of praying. i kind of planned on this for 2 years, so now there needs to be a new plan...and that is a scary and uncomfortable thing. i dont want people to think that i am flighty or weak-willed. i remembered a quote that impressed me...'we are taught that maturity is equal to self-sufficiency.' so just because im not completely independent doesnt mean that im weak or immature. in other words, think zach braff at the end of garden state.

so, i get back into town 930 tomorrow night, and then i dont know what the plan will be. i need to find a job, a place to live, all those things. and i know that i will.

feel free to email (or maybe call, im not sure what will happen with my phone), or visit me wherever i am. im excited to be headed back home.

peace...

2 comments:

StephanieRoberts said...

Wow Jill!!! My prayers are with you!!!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing you - so is that 9:30 Tuesday night in Texas?

Mom