Monday, August 18, 2008

philly...land of the cheese steaks!

So I am in Philadelphia, and staging has been great. It is a wonderful thing to be able to meet 61 other people who don't think you are crazy for entering the Peace Corps:)!

We have just been doing a lot of team building things, and tomorrow we leave for real. It's so exciting that the months of waiting are about to be over. There was a really cool moment today, as we were closing up. We stood in a circle, and just were able to share our thoughts and feelings about the past few days, and about our group. It was one I will remember. 

Tomorrow (really the next 2 days) are going to be tiring, so I need to head to bed. But I am doing well and excited for the next part of this journey! Take care!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting for you - what you have been waiting for! Take care of yourself - rest as much as possible so you can be healthy!! What a mom thing to say!!

love you mucho!
mom

Jacey said...

Love you!!! I'm glad you're enjoying your time in Philly. It's an awesome thing to get to meet all these people here, before you go.

Safe journeys tomorrow! I'll be thinking about you lots.

MamaNoFun said...

Hi Jill! I imagine you will be reading this from the other side of the world???? I envy the adventures you are about to unfold to us... so, don't hesitate to resort to fiction if things are boring and bland in Kaz!
Oh... and take care of yourself! (see, all moms say that)
Georgia

Double C said...

I would like to hear more about the cheese steaks. ;)

StephanieRoberts said...

Wow!!! You are off on a great adventure!!! I can't wait to hear more!